[U-Boot] Xilinx Zed Board resets with Master

Tim Sander tim at krieglstein.org
Fri Mar 28 16:20:34 CET 2014

Hi Michal
> On 03/27/2014 05:32 PM, Tim Sander wrote:
> > Hi Michal

> > If adding the dtb file in the boot.bif file is not the right way and no
> > elf file with dtb is generated: What is the right way to generate an
> > image for use with the SD-Card?
>
> you can just use static u-boot configuration.
I assume you mean static configuration a config with OF_CONTROL disabled.
Ok, i have tried to boot that with bootgen. That does not work.
though. In both cases with or without OF_CONTROL enabled.
> I have never tried to add dtb as partition to boot.bin.
> If you want to use this dtb driver u-boot I would suggest you
> to look at u-boot SPL which should be able to handle binary formats
> with dtbs.
So my main focus is to test CONFIG_ARMV7_NONSEC to boot linux in
normal mode. I wanted to test recent mainline with that. So focusing on
u-boot SPL is to far off my targets. So i am happy with hardware debugger
loadeing for the time beeing.

Getting back to CONFIG_ARMV7_NONSEC. This is unfortunatly not working with the
Zynq.  Currently the board switches to monitor mode but when the u-boot
switches to normal mode it jumps to PC:0xc  (LR:0x10) which seems like a data
abort exeption or some other secure mode violation exception?
Is there a good way to find out what happened? I am currently stuck with this
and my local FAE has also no idea. Attached is a patch which at least works
until the return from the monitor mode.

Best regards
Tim