[U-Boot] Booting image from ARM for different architecture

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Mon Mar 31 11:45:22 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I want to check with you if someone tried this scenario.
Load u-boot on main CPU (for me ARM cortex-a9)
and boot different cpu(for me Microblaze) with FIT image
or old u-boot image format.

IRC I have seen any code regarding this but I am not able
to find it out where. :-(

My current usage is that I do that steps by hand by
tftp 100000 kernel.bin (microblaze kernel in bin format with rootfs and dtb in it)
mwr 0xXXXXXX 0x1 (turn on microblaze via custom logic which jumps to 0x100000)
tftp 10000000 image.ub (download arm kernel)
bootm 0x10000000 (boot arm kernel)

I think that will be much better to have
both kernels in one FIT image and and use two configurations.
One for microblaze kernel and second for arm kernel
and boot it with one bootm command.

Simon: Is this configuration even supported by FIT image?

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854