[U-Boot] Chain loading an u-boot from an u-boot

Helmut Raiger helmut.raiger at hale.at
Mon Mar 31 13:29:17 CEST 2014

On 02/13/2014 10:03 AM, Helmut Raiger wrote:

> But you just inspired me! There are probably interrupts running
> for some time when the second u-boot starts and the relocation
> might destroy part of the interrupt entry points ....
>
> Thx for asking the right questions.
> I'll have to check this.
>
> Helmut

I'm finally able to start the second u-boot (other things in-between as
always).
If I do a cleanup_before_linux(), i.e. turn off interrupts and caches before
the actual 'go' and it works just fine.

For testing I patched the go command, but obviously this can't be
contributed as such.

Anyone having a suggestion on how to do this?

1) add option to 'go' command, which is hard as it has variable arguments
2) add another go command
3) use an environment variable to set the option for 'go'

Theoretically I could use a u-boot image to encapsulate the second u-boot
and use 'bootm', but I think I'll stumble over the same kind of questions.

Helmut

--
Scanned by MailScanner.