No subject

Mon Mar 3 09:42:13 CET 2014

a later version and see if that fixes my issue.

Thanks
Dang

-----Original Message-----
From: James Chargin [mailto:jimccrown at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2014 2:10 PM
To: Tran, Dang; u-boot at lists.denx.de
Subject: Re: [U-Boot] U-Boot Loop

On 04/14/2014 01:11 PM, Tran, Dang wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> I'm using U-Boot 2010.06 (Jun 18 2013 - 14:03:16)

This is a version of U-Boot that is even older than the version I used for =
my demonstration that ctrl-c works. (I used 2010.12)

You should make efforts towards using a more recent version.

What information can you provide as to the settings of your serial terminal=
 emulator? Is it known to send your ctrl-c to the target device?

Jim
--
Jim Chargin
AJA Video Systems                       jimc at aja.com
(530) 271-3334                          http://www.aja.com

> Thanks
> Dang

how to break out of it without manually resetting the board.
>> Is there a way to break out of this loop and reset the system via the te=
rminal? Ctrl-X and Ctrl-C doesn't seem to do anything.

> It might be helpful to know which version of U-Boot you are using.
>

>> TERMINAL OUTPUT
>> Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete...... TIMEOUT !
>> eTSEC1: No link.
>> Speed: 1000, full duplex
>> Using eTSEC2 device
>> TFTP from server 192.168.128.127; our IP address is 192.168.128.128 File=
name 'oe/bsp/mvme2500/vxWorks'.
>> Load address: 0x1000000
>> Retry count exceeded; starting again
>> Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete...... TIMEOUT !
>
> For U-Boot builds made from official sources, ctrl-C works for me to term=
inate the retry TFTP, as shown

> =3D> # with no Ethernet connection...
> =3D> tftp 500000 test.txt
> Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete....user interrupt!
> eTSEC1: No link.
> show_boot_progress(-81) boot fail
> =3D> # in the above, "user interrupt!" was the response to ^C =3D> =3D> #=
 10.10.0.10 is known to not exist =3D> setenv serverip 10.10.0.10 =3D> tftp=
 500000 test.txt
> Speed: 1000, full duplex
> Using eTSEC1 device
> TFTP from server 10.10.0.10; our IP address is 10.10.0.15 Filename 'test.=
txt'.
> Load address: 0x500000
> Abort
> show_boot_progress(-81) boot fail
> =3D> # in the above, "Abort" was the response to ^C =3D>
>

> Please make sure your serial communication terminal emulator correctly tr=
ansmits the ctrl-C when you type it. To see if this works, get to a U-Boot =
prompt and type ctrl-C, you should see <INTERRUPT>

>> Thanks
>> Dang
>>

>> This email is non-binding, is subject to contract, and neither Kulicke &=
 Soffa Industries Inc nor its subsidiaries shall have any obligation to you=
 to consummate the transactions herein or to enter into any agreement, othe=
r than in accordance with the terms and conditions of a definitive agreemen=
t if and when negotiated, finalized and executed between the parties.

> This sort of disclaimer in email to the U-Boot mailing list is frowned up=
on. Please try to eliminate it for any future postings.