[U-Boot] u-boot-socfpga repository

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Thu Sep 11 17:45:31 CEST 2014

On Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 09:46:18 AM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Michal,
>
> In message <54112B64.5010104 at monstr.eu> you wrote:
> > I am not sure if you need to have separate repo to work like this.
> > I am keeping zynq patches in my microblaze repo and sending pull request
> > to Albert
> > (or Tom now) and there is no problem with that.
>
> Well, technically of course this works, but it is far from perfect.
> It works only for those who actually know about this.  But anybody
> looking at the U-Boot site for any zynq related stuff will have hard
> times to find it.

+1 , having separate u-boot-zynq would be a good idea. It doesn't "cost" much
and greatly improves the organisation.

> I think it is much better to make this knowledge public information -
> and one easy way to do this is to have a separate repository for it,
> which is listed on the custodians page, so everybody looking for it
> will find all relevant information.
>
> > In socfpga case I think there are guys from Altera who maintain it.
>
> Well, they maintain the stuff at rocketboards.org ; there are efforts
> on the way to mainline stuff, but the process is not exactly
> satisfactory.  I highly appreciate that Marek volunteers to put
> efforts in this.
>
> As far as I am concerned, I support both Marek's and Masahiro's
> requests.
>
> @ Marek and Masahiro: if we reach an agreement to create such repos,
> 	please send me your SSH public keys that shall be used for
> 	these.  Also, what should the names be - u-boot-socfpga ?

U-Boot-socfpga works OK I'd say -- it would cover all of Cyclone and Arria and
Stratix socfpga families.

Also, my SSH key should already be in position for u-boot-usb and u-boot-pxa ;-)

Thank you!

Best regards,
Marek Vasut