[U-Boot] u-boot-socfpga repository

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 12 07:25:27 CEST 2014

Dear Dinh,

In message <54122DE5.1080006 at opensource.altera.com> you wrote:

> Understood...You have just lit a fire in our arses! We have added a
> resource internally, Vince Bridgers, to help us upstream more u-boot
> support. Also, now that Linux support for SOCFPGA is decent, I will
> focus more on u-boot.

That's great to hear, thank.

So I suggest we create u-boot-socfpga now, as this will be needed
in any case when any significant amount of patches is coming in for
mainline.

For now, we assing Marek as custodian - he has volunteered, and he
already has a reputation in the community.  As soon as Vince starts
actively working here on the mailing list, we can switch this role
to him.

What do you think?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
C makes it easy for you to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes that
harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg.
                                                 -- Bjarne Stroustrup