[U-Boot] boot count feature with eMMC booting

jags gediya jags.gediya at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 11:22:05 CEST 2014

I want to implement fail-safe booting feature in my project. Basically
my logic is, i will increase any u-boot environment variable each time
and up on successful bring up, i want to decrease the value of that
again. If the value of u-boot environment variable is more than 5, it
will boot from the other image. As i am using the eMMC for booting, i
am not getting how i will access the u-boot environment variable from
the linux application. I also dont know whether i can save the
environment variable in the eMMC or not? What mechanism i should use
to achieve this feature. I have read about the fw_printenv and
fw_savenv, but from where this utility will access the variable.

Thanks,
Jags Gediya