[U-Boot] u-boot-socfpga repository

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 14 18:30:52 CEST 2014

Dear Dinh,

In message <5415B6A7.9020102 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> I think the point has shifted that Wolfgang wants to appoint an external
> entity to be the custodian for u-boot-socfpga-next.

You misunderstand me.  It is not up to me to decide who the custodian
shall be.  This is a community decision, which in the past has always
been based on a track record of previous work with the U-Boot
community.  It makes a lot of sense to handle this case in the same
way.

> I contend that an
> in-house custodian(Altera employee) would do a much better job, have the
> information, and put Altera's best interest first in this job.

Resources and interest are but one side; the other is experience of
working with and being part of the community.  Being custodian is a
really trustworthy position - but trust cannot be assigned, it results
from previous work here in the community.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded.
                                - Terry Pratchett, _Lords and Ladies_