[U-Boot] u-boot-socfpga repository

Chin Liang See clsee at altera.com
Mon Sep 15 03:07:11 CEST 2014

Hi Tom,

On Sun, 2014-09-14 at 12:46 -0400, ZY - trini wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 11:02:08AM -0500, Dinh Nguyen wrote:
> > Hi Wolfgang,
> >
> > On 9/12/14, 5:51 PM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > > Dear Dinh,
> > >
> > > In message <541373AD.4020902 at opensource.altera.com> you wrote:
> > Also, I went back and look at the "flurry" of patches for socfpga, and I
> > must commend Tom Rini on a fantastic job for applying the patches. I was
> > only able to find 1 patch that needed addressing:
> >
> > [socfpga: generic board for socfpga] from Pavel Machek
>
> Can you test it, and Reviewed-by/Acked-by/Tested-by or something the
> patch?  patchwork collects these and that is a big part of our review
> and merge process here.

This is actually a big patch which should be split to smaller patch.
Nevertheless, I already started reviewing it last week and hopefully can
get it reviewed by today.

> > For now, I have it applied to
> >
> > git://git.rocketboards.org/u-boot-socfpga-next.git for_next  branch.
>
> Here's a difference from the Linux kernel community.  We really do want
> to use a git tree hosted on git.denx.de for pulls.
>
> > There are a few patches that needs to be addressed in the mailing list,
> > but I don't see any other patches that needs to be applied at this
> > moment. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
> >
> > To summarize, have we failed as maintainers of socfpga that you would
> > need to assign somebody else to be the custodian for socfpga? If
> > so, I apologize and would like for you to reconsider your position and
> > let us try to do a better job.
>
> Just like in the kernel community, it's a position that has to be
> earned.  I understand there should be big round of patches posted soon,
> which will be a good place to see follow-through.  There's also the
> denali NAND patches which are blocking another SoC from going in as well
> which I'm hoping to see v10 of posted sometime in the coming week.

The v10 NAND patch was posted last week. In fact, the patch was working
for both Altera and Panasonic since v7. It takes up to v10 as I received
some late comments.

At same time, just fyi, there is slowness for for last few patches as I
was on paternity leave for last few weeks :)

Thanks
Chin Liang