[U-Boot] No boot file defined with u-boot from the xilinx repo

Manolis Ragkousis manolis837 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 19:37:08 CEST 2014

Hello everyone,

I am using u-boot from the xilinx repo on github with the zedboard and
whenever I start the zedboard I get the "No boot file defined".

I have checked that all the variables boot_image kernel_image and
devicetree_image are normally set in zynq-common.h.
If I use fatload mmc 0 0x3000000 ${kernel_image} && fatload mmc 0
0x2A00000 ${devicetree_image} && bootm 0x3000000 - 0x2A00000 the
system will load linux without any problem.

What am I missing?

Thank you for your time,
Manolis