[U-Boot] Reading a text file from another FAT partition

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 16 23:13:42 CEST 2014

Dear harsha kiran,

In message <1410889741235-189502.post at n7.nabble.com> you wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have an SD Card which has 2 FAT partitions. U-boot is in the first Boot
> partition and i have a text file to be read which is in another partition.

OK - and what exactly is your problem?  If you tried something and it
failed, it would be helpful if you posted your attempts (and the
resulting errors) here...

> I want to read this file in the U-boot config file  under
> CONFIG_BOOTCOMMAND. can anyone please let me know what commands U-boot
> introduced to support file read in the latest release?

None.  Reading files from FAT partition has been available for ages.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Just about every computer on the market today runs Unix,  except  the
Mac (and nobody cares about it).                   - Bill Joy 6/21/85