[U-Boot] uart test

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Sep 22 09:39:52 CEST 2014

Dear shobin b,

In message <BAY177-W11FCF8C66874E1EC032984B2B30 at phx.gbl> you wrote:

> Hi,I am using toradex carrier board with colibri t30 module.In that
> X13 and X14 are uart.first uart X13 is default serial console.In that
> i need to check the second uart X14. How can i use second uart or how
> can i check second uart X14.please help me.Regards,shobin.b

Testing peripherals in U-Boot is part of the POST subsystem.

You probably remember that from our discussions from January through
April this year.

So far, there is no specific UART test available in POST, so you would
have to add one.

Alternatively, you could just enable the port in question as
alternative console device, and switch the console to that port and
try if it works.  Note that it might be difficult to switch back if it
doesn't work - if that should be a problem, you might consider to also
enable netconsole.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
My brother sent me a postcard the other day with this  big  sattelite
photo  of the entire earth on it. On the back it said: "Wish you were
here".                                                - Steven Wright