[U-Boot] u-boot-socfpga repository

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Tue Sep 23 14:54:19 CEST 2014

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 04:54:05AM -0500, Chin Liang See wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> On Wed, 2014-09-17 at 06:54 -0500, Chin Liang See wrote:
> > On Tue, 2014-09-16 at 11:56 +0200, ZY - pavel wrote:
> > > Hi!

> > > I'm sorry about that. I understood you are working on Linux, and only
> > > seen u-boot patches from Chin-Liang, so I cc-ed him..
> > >

> > Hi guys,
> >
> > To move things forward, I would propose myself to act as the custodian
> > for the SOCFPGA repository after discussing with Dinh. I have been
> > active on U-Boot forum and hopefully build up some credibility :). At
> > same time, this will enforce someone from Altera (Dinh, Vince and
> > myself) to review and ack each submitted patch.  We would also able to
> > help to test and offer any troubleshooting assistant to the patch
> > submitter.
> >
> > Hopefully would get a green light from everyone. We really appreciate
> > Marek's suggestion as the repo is a great idea to speed up the SOCFPGA
> > patch submission process. It will offload some of Albert's heavy load
> > too as currently we heavily rely for Albert to integrate SOCFPGA
> > patches. Due to that, to benefit everyone, we would like to have this
> > repo as soon as possible.
>
> Wonder any green light on this? The repo would help to speed up the
> SOCFPGA development especially for the on-going reviewing and testing of
> Marek's patches. Thanks

OK, I've thought about this a lot.  I think the best way forward is to
have a new tree on git.denx.de, u-boot-socfpga that Marek will run for
the v2014.10 merge window.  This will give the Altera team time to get
up to speed and build up their reputation in the community so that with
the v2015.01 window they can take things over.

Wolfgang or Detlev, please make the new tree, thanks guys!

--
Tom