[U-Boot] Call for participation in the U-Boot Mini Summit 2014

Jagan Teki jagannadh.teki at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 15:15:00 CEST 2014

On 5 September 2014 23:23, Tom Rini <trini at ti.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 05, 2014 at 07:30:35PM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:
>
> [snip]
>> > It's easier to work with than fitImage.
>>
>> In which way?
>
> In most developer work flows at least zImage then uImage then fitImage
> are the easiest to work with, in that order, for ARM.  For ARM64 Image
> in the next release will probably release uImage as the easiet to work
> with.
>
> fitImage seems useful in a lot of deployment scenarios.  Having to craft
> up a good skeleton device tree in most cases is an annoying to overcome
> barrier for a development workflow.

Just an additional info:

In fact I was advertising a lot for this possible boot scenarios [2]
talk in India
last year other than U-Boot Mini 2013 starting from legacy to fit.
What I understand that developers are very interested and they
asked more possible useful scenarios with in the fitimage stuff
like loading different kernels (as part of visualization) etc.

May it would be good if any one is interested to talk on that more.

[1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/OpenSourceIndia2013

thanks!
--
Jagan.