[U-Boot] Driver model Ethernet issue

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Thu Apr 2 09:50:30 CEST 2015

Hello Simon,

On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 12:03:41 -0600, Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org>
wrote:

> Also you can argue that buffer management is a reasonable thing to
> provide a method for. Using a buffer to receive a packet, sending that
> packet for processing, and retiring the buffer are all conceptually
> separate things. We could even consider (in the future!) supporting a
> buffer ring in the uclass since all of the drivers I have looked at
> have one.

Just in case: remember that some drivers use SRAM-based buffers while
others use DDR-based buffers. Buffer management should support either
use case. Also, there's more than just buffers; descriptors might be
needed too -- whether they should be generalized or not, I have no
clear idea, though.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.