[U-Boot] Regarding patch: http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/373593/

Ramneek Mehresh ramneek.mehresh at freescale.com
Mon Apr 6 10:58:30 CEST 2015

xhci controller is already stopped in usb_stop->usb_lowlevel_stop->xhci_reset().
I could see CMD_RUN bit getting reset in this function before the controller is reset.
So, from your previously stated requirement, controller is halted when Linux is started.

Other people are shutting down PHY as part of xhci_core_exit(), not the controller!!
We would not like to re-start and re-configure PHY inside Linux, and take phy initialization
inside bootloader. I got word from hw team that they do not support phy
shutting down from sw. hence, we do not have any sequence for current socs to
shut down phy from sw. if required, I'll put forward a request to provide
this control in future socs.