[U-Boot] Testing u-boot-dm/next

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Mon Apr 13 18:27:14 CEST 2015

On 04/08/2015 09:11 PM, Simon Glass wrote:
> (Correcting address for Masahiro, sorry)
>
> On 8 April 2015 at 21:07, Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have quite a few patches queued up in the next branch of u-boot-dm,
>> ready for when the merge window options.
>>
>> If anyone has time and can give it a spin on their board, it would be much
>> appreciated!

On Jetson TK1, there's something up with USB. Here's a good run with
something based on a merge of v2015.0r-rc5 and a merge of
u-boot-tegra/master from around the end of March:

> Tegra124 (Jetson TK1) # usb start
> starting USB...
> USB0:   USB EHCI 1.10
> scanning bus 0 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
> USB1:   USB EHCI 1.10
> scanning bus 1 for devices... 6 USB Device(s) found
>        scanning usb for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found
>        scanning usb for ethernet devices... 0 Ethernet Device(s) found
> Tegra124 (Jetson TK1) # usb tree
> USB device tree:
>   1  Hub (480 Mb/s, 0mA)
>      u-boot EHCI Host Controller
>
>   2  Hub (480 Mb/s, 0mA)
>   |  u-boot EHCI Host Controller
>   +-3  Hub (480 Mb/s, 100mA)
>     |   USB2.0 Hub
>     +-4  Hub (480 Mb/s, 100mA)
>     | |   USB2.0 Hub
>     | |
>     | +-5  Human Interface (1.5 Mb/s, 100mA)
>     | |    Microsoft Microsoft IntelliMouse� Explore
>     | |
>     | +-6  Human Interface (1.5 Mb/s, 70mA)
>     |      LITEON Technology USB Multimedia Keyboard
>     +-7  Mass Storage (480 Mb/s, 2mA)
>          Sunplus Innovation Technology. USB to Serial-ATA bridge FF980813AF0000000000005FF16BFF

... and here's u-boot-dm/next

> Tegra124 (Jetson TK1) # usb start
> starting USB...
> USB-1:   USB EHCI 1.10
> scanning bus 0 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
> USB-1:   USB EHCI 1.10

(I notice both those lines have the same device ID rather than one being
0 and the other 1)

> scanning bus 1 for devices... EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x80008d80
>       USB device not accepting new address (error=2)
> EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x80008d80
>
>       USB device not accepting new address (error=2)
> 4 USB Device(s) found
>        scanning usb for ethernet devices... 0 Ethernet Device(s) found
> Tegra124 (Jetson TK1) # usb tree
> USB device tree:
> +-1  Hub (480 Mb/s, 0mA)
>      u-boot EHCI Host Controller
>
> +-1  Hub (480 Mb/s, 0mA)

(same issue there, although perhaps this is expected if USB devnum is
per-controller now?)

>   |  u-boot EHCI Host Controller
>   +-2  Hub (480 Mb/s, 100mA)
>     |   USB2.0 Hub
>     | 3  Hub (480 Mb/s, 100mA)
>     |     USB2.0 Hub
>     +-4  Mass Storage (480 Mb/s, 2mA)
>          Sunplus Innovation Technology. USB to Serial-ATA bridge FF980813AF0000000000005FF16BFF

Seaboard/Springbank appears to have the same issue. Additionally, the
flashing process spews a ton of:

ERROR: v7_dcache_inval_range - start address is not aligned - 0x3f77a428
ERROR: v7_dcache_inval_range - stop address is not aligned - 0x3f77ac28

... and despite reporting an error during flash writing, the system
boots, I don't know if this is anything related to the DM changes or
something else though; I'll go check.