[U-Boot] u-boot for Snow problem

Michal Suchanek hramrach at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 19:01:46 CEST 2015

On 15 April 2015 at 17:00, Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
> On 14 April 2015 at 16:10, Michal Suchanek <hramrach at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On 4 March 2015 at 00:46, Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Michal,

>>> You could debug it in U-Boot and see what is going wrong.
>>>

>> Apparently the problem is that the dw mmc controller fails and the
>> sectors are unreadable. U-boot sometimes reports timeout, sometimes
>> data error, and sometimes nothing because the result has already been
>> cached probably. And the reason the dw mmc controller fails is that
>> port 1 is disabled. Not using disabled controllers would probably
>> solve the problem.
>
> Seems strange. Can you post details of which commit you are building
> and the console output? I could try it too.

Sorry, I don't have the tree anymore.

None of my trees has the commit to relocate away from the address
clobbered by the Snow ro firmware.

I tried looking again what actually happens but none of the mmc
commands shows which exact mmc interfaces I have. U-boot somehow picks
2 of the 4 dwmmc interfaces the Exynos chip has and I suspect the
second one is picked or multiplexed wrong. The mmc0 to which emmc is
connected works fine but mmc2 connected to the external slot always
fails (on Snow mmc1 is unused and mmc3 is WiFi).

I tried building u-boot master but none of the boot commands I have in
the currently installed unknown u-boot snapshot likes the
u-boot-dtb.bin image and I definitely do not want to replace the
semi-working snapshot I have with non-relocated u-boot master.

Thanks

Michal