[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2015.04 released

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Thu Apr 16 10:44:13 CEST 2015

Hello Tom,

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 13:20:47 -0400, Tom Rini <trini at ti.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've pushed v2015.04 out to the repository and tarballs should exist
> soon.
>
> The Kconfig migration is moving along nicely as is the DM work.  This
> has been a good all-around nice set of updates, bug fixes and new board
> and feature support.
>
> Two last things, to repeat what I said last release.  First, really,
> we're going to deprecate and then remove MAKEALL.  If you've got a
> use-case that's not working with buildman please start yelling now so
> that we can get it addressed (and note that there's stuff ready to come
> in once the merge window is open).

One thing that just hit me is that when a buildman target fails to
build, buildman returns an exist code of 128, which wrecks git bisect.
IOW, I cannot do things like

	git bisect start $bad-commit-id $good-commit-id
	git bisect run tools/buildman/buildman $broken-target

because the first trial where the target fails to build will cause git
bisect to terminate with the message

	bisect run failed:
	exit code 128 from 'tools/buildman/buildman -o ../build/u-boot/ beagle_x15' is < 0 or >= 128

I haven't seen this mentioned so far, but I may have missed it.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.