[U-Boot] SPI flash only works after sspi command (was Re: SPI flash on Altera socfpga)

Pavel Machek pavel at denx.de
Mon Apr 20 13:58:46 CEST 2015

Hi!

> IIRC, then the aliases in the dts are very important for this:
>
>  	aliases {
> 		spi0 = "/spi at ff705000";		/* QSPI */
>
> Did you add those to your dts as well?

I was using socrates dts for the moment, to keep diffs small. Suddenly
it started working.. and stopped working after reset. Now I realized
what is going on:

=> sf probe
Invalid chip select 0:0 (err=-19)
SF: Failed to set up slave
Failed to initialize SPI flash at 0:0
=> sf probe 0 0 0
Invalid chip select 0:0 (err=-19)
SF: Failed to set up slave
Failed to initialize SPI flash at 0:0
=> sspi
QSPI: Error, command is empty.
Error -1 during SPI transaction
=> sf probe 0 0 0
raise: Signal # 8 caught
raise: Signal # 8 caught
raise: Signal # 8 caught
SF: Detected N25Q512 with page size 256 Bytes, erase size 4 KiB, total
64 MiB
SF: Warning - Only lower 16MiB accessible, Full access #define
CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_BAR
=>

(u-boot 2015.04 final)

Is there missing initialization somewhere...?

Best regards,
									Pavel