[U-Boot] Commands to partition the hw partitions on emmc using uboot 2015-04

harsha kiran kj.h.kiran at us.abb.com
Thu Apr 23 18:35:00 CEST 2015

Hi !
I am unable to create the hardware (gp1-4) partitions my eMMC on a custom
board using the new Uboot(2015.04). I think i am missing something in my
commands..I was wondering if someone can point at the mistake i am doing..

i am trying to create a gp1 partition with 7009.875 MB and SLC on and wrrel
off..

mmc hwpartition [args...] - does hardware partitioning
  arguments (sizes in 512-byte blocks):
    [user [enh start cnt] [wrrel {on|off}]] - sets user data area attributes
    [gp1|gp2|gp3|gp4 cnt [enh] [wrrel {on|off}]] - general purpose partition
    [check|set|complete] - mode, complete set partitioning completed
  WARNING: Partitioning is a write-once setting once it is set to complete.
  Power cycling is required to initialize partitions after set to complete.

mmc hwpartition gp1 14356224              -----> did not work
mmc hwpartition gp1 14356224 1 wrrel 0ff       -----> did not work
mmc hwpartition gp1 14356224 [1] wrrel off ------> did not work
mmc hwpartition gp1 14356224 1 0 ------> did not work