[U-Boot] buildman and multiple toolchains?

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Thu Apr 23 21:26:32 CEST 2015

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 01:22:55PM -0600, Simon Glass wrote:
>  Hi Tom,
>
> On 23 April 2015 at 12:57, Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 12:44:12PM -0600, Simon Glass wrote:
> >> Hi Tom,

> >> I don't see why not, or something similar. Are you asking for a patch? :-)
> >
> > Or a pointer to where to start hacking :)
>
> The toolchain is selected in builderthread.py:
>
>                     self.toolchain = self.builder.toolchains.Select(brd.arch)
>
> brd is a Board object.
>
> At present only the arch is passed in, but you could pass in
> brd.target if you like.
>
> You'll then need to enhance toolchain.Select() to check for an alias
> for that target.

Ah, but the first problem is that I can't convince buildman that if I
have both /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc and /usr/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc
to let me set both "arm" and "armnone" to something.  Or even
/somewhere/else/bin/arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc and /usr/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc
Where does that need beating up? :)

--
Tom