[U-Boot] How to access GP partitions from uboot (2015.04)

harsha kiran kj.h.kiran at us.abb.com
Fri Apr 24 22:47:18 CEST 2015

I think i figured out how to access the GP partitions on the new new uboot.
Solution:
1)We can only have access to one partition at a time from uboot.

2) GP partitions have to be partitioned again to be from kernel
(/dev/mmcblk0gp0p1,/dev/mmcblk0gp1p1,/dev/mmcblk0gp2p1,/dev/mmcblk0gp3p1)

3) in uboot, by default mmc part will display the user data partition
information.

4) To access GP1 partition issue the following commands..

mmc rescan
mmc partconf 1 0 0x7 0x4               (1 = emmc, 0= bootack, 0x7= user data
part, 0x4 = Access to GP)
mmc part
-----------Now mmc part will display the gp1p1 data.
similarly for GP2
mmc rescan
mmc partconf 1 0 0x7 0x5               (1 = emmc, 0= bootack, 0x7= user data
part, 0x4 = Access to GP)
mmc part

Thanks,
Harsha