[U-Boot] "Writing to MMC(%d)... failed"

Nathan naroyce at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 28 07:39:17 CEST 2015

Still not sure where the problem lies. I thought I found an issue, but
it didn't fix anything and caused a different issue.

At first, after plugging in a bunch of printfs, I thought it was a
simple issue in the dts (it appears not to be the issue):
*****
Getting a little back into it, I find an issue in:
"./lib/libfdt/fdt_ro.c"
  "fdt_path_offset()" where "-FDT_ERR_BADPATH" is returned for "path"
= "sdhci at 12530000"
when:
"./lib/fdtdec.c"
  "fdtdec_add_aliases_for_id()" is examining "mmc2"

"fdt_path_offset()"
  "_fdt_nodename_eq()" finds "aliases"

But the issue comes from
"./lib/libfdt/fdt_ro.c"
  "_fdt_string_eq()"
where
"p" = "mmc2" <> "s" = "sdhci at 12530000"

What I'm noticing different in the "exynos4412-odroid.dts" (odroid u2)
and "exynos54xx.dtsi" is the "/" for the alias paths "mmc2" and
"mmc4".
*****

The problem with that "finding" was:
"fdtdec_add_aliases_for_id: warning: alias 'mmc2' points to a node
'sdhci at 12530000' that is missing or is not compatible  with
'samsung,exynos-dwmmc'"
Not sure why it would even mention dwmmc for mmc2 when it is specified
"exynos-mmc" in "exynos4.dtsi"

A common issue with or without the slash is:
"_gpio_request_by_name_nodev: Node 'sdhci at 12530000', property
'pwr-gpios', failed to request GPIO index 0: -2"