[U-Boot] HUSH logical AND/OR expressions

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 29 00:51:12 CEST 2015

Dear Joe,

In message <CANr=Z=YxsT-VOje5jA0k00BSxNROXBOPXMG-Q_8_7jAYN=fJCw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > I noticed you asked for a reference to the original hush code that is the
> > origin for U-Boot's adaptation. I couldn't find a reply to that question. I
> > also haven't been able to find anything with a quick we search. Do you know
> > where it did come from?
>
> I never got a response, but it appears to be busybox...

Oops, sorry.  Yes, of course it is busybox.

As far as I can tell, it was added around October 2001 to the PPCBoot
project as part of the PPCBoot v1.1.0 release:

* Added "hush" shell (from Busybox) as alternative command line
  interpreter, thus enabling powerful command line syntax like
  if...then...else...fi conditionals or `&&' and '||' constructs
  ("shell scripts").

  See the README file for information about implementation and usage.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Winners never talk about glorious victories. That's  because  they're
the  ones  who  see  what the battlefield looks like afterwards. It's
only the losers who have glorious victories.
                                      - Terry Pratchett, _Small Gods_