[U-Boot] fastboot boot base address behaviour

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Wed Apr 29 16:25:34 CEST 2015

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 09:11:03AM -0500, Rob Herring wrote:

[snip]
> >> For arm64 Image, the image header defines the offset and u-boot must
> >> load it to that offset or you won't boot. There's only 1 correct
> >> address and 2^32 - 1 wrong addresses the boot.img could have.
> >
> > Ok, so the simplest thing to do would be to always relocate the kernel
> > then.
>
> Probably so as it is likely smaller than the ramdisk and needing
> decompression also (once we support arm64 Image.gz).

Not to side-track things much but we "support" Image.gz today but yes as
a two-step thing.  I think there was some talk about trying to be clever
enough to decompress the first page so we could peek at the Image
header, see where things needed to end up, and then decompress to that
location but it either wasn't feasible or more likely didn't get too
high in priority.

--
Tom