[U-Boot] Add spi nand support in u-boot

Jagan Teki jagannadh.teki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 11:09:24 CEST 2015

On 30 April 2015 at 12:16, Peter Pan 潘栋 (peterpandong)
<peterpandong at micron.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I’d like to add spi nand support in u-boot. But I don’t know where should
>
> the spi nand drivers put in and how to define the architecture.
>

> I find that currently spi_flash in u-boot means spi nor flash. Should I
> create
>
> a struct spi_nand_flash or make spi_flash compatible?

Honestly, the current spi flash code which deals with nor devices are
has some issue
like spi-nor specific logic is part of spi-bus like the situation was
Linux is in before "spi-nor"

We're working on the spi-nor[1] front, hopefully by next release we
might have some progress
on that, I recommend you to start spi-nand as you're trying for Linux.
I would help you at any point
as I'm going to work on this spi-nor.

[1] http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-spi.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/spi-nor

thanks!