[U-Boot] fdtgrep exclude nodes

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Dec 1 11:46:39 CET 2015

Hi Michal,

On 01.12.2015 11:21, Michal Simek wrote:
> I was checking spl/u-boot-spl.dtb and I see that you are removing
> interrupt-parent property but I think that also make sense to remove
> interrupt property as well because it is unused and parent is also removed.
> Just extend OF_SPL_REMOVE_PROPS by "interrupts" to save some memory.

I'm fine with this.

> Another thing I was checking was that we are missing rules for removing
> nodes with status = "disabled" property. I think that will be good to
> add it. The reason is that I would move all that u-boot,dm-pre-reloc to
> dtsi at least for now.

Hmmm. I prefer to add this "u-boot,dm-pre-reloc" to the board dts
file instead of using the dtsi files. At least for the real devices,
like UART etc. As they vary between the different boards.

Perhaps its possible to enable those busses (simple-bus) needed
to traverse to the requested device automatically via fdtgrep?
That would make this much easier and less error-prone. And would
result in less "u-boot,dm-pre-reloc" occurances in the dts / dtsi
files.

Thanks,
Stefan