[U-Boot] u-boot on Intrinsyc dragonboard 810.

Mateusz Kulikowski mateusz.kulikowski at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 15:37:15 CET 2015

Hi All,

Sorry I didn't posted here earlier, but It seems it's time to explain:

1) My "original" u-boot work is dirty and not good enough for mainline
(it works properly, but has a lot of garbage, doesn't use Device Model and so on)
This are branches dragonboard, dragonboard-dev etc.

2) I'm in the middle of reworking it into "clean" code.
You can see it on dragonboard-for-mainline-rebase-29.11 branch.

As this code adds a new SoC and several drivers, I decided to ask collegue to do
pre-review and planned to send RFC somewhere this week so there will be less
re-submits.

@Syed: I asked you to wait few days, as I'm rebasing/squashing my for-mainline branch,
and doing heavy reworks of core code, so your commits adding one new board would be lost.

On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 08:57:02AM -0500, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 11:44:17PM +0530, sk.syed2 wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >   I took dragonboard 410c source from https://github.com/hallor/u-boot/ and
> > added support for Dragonboard 810 from Intrinsyc(msm8994 soc). Currently it
> > boots to u-boot prompt after launching from little kernel(qcom boot
> > loader). Intend to add more features.
> >
> >    Just wondering should I post a patch here against
> > https://github.com/hallor/u-boot/ for my changes?
>
> First, it should be sent to that tree as there is not currently
> dragonboard support in mainline.

I hope to change that soon :)

> Second (and why I added Mateusz Kulikowski to the emails), I see that on
> for example
> https://github.com/hallor/u-boot/blob/dragonboard/arch/arm/cpu/armv8/qcom/pmic-apq8016.c
> code is "borrowed" from LK/spmi and labled as GPL-2.0+ but
> https://github.com/Caio99BR/lk/blob/master/platform/msm_shared/include/spmi.h
> which is I beleive the "LK/spmi" in question, that is clearly BSD-3 and
> you can't just re-license code like that.

I took code from Linux/Little Kernel, as it was quickest way to get it running
A lot of it is also already removed - for example spmi looks like that right now:
https://github.com/hallor/u-boot/blob/af156ba28b03ea51bc2850cdf3c39aad06553998/arch/arm/mach-snapdragon/spmi.c

As for license rewriting - oops, I have to recheck that.
I was sure LK was GPL as well, and mechanically added GPL-2.0+ to all files - shame on me.

Best Regards,
Mateusz