[U-Boot] Secure Boot Mode on rk3288 Radxa Rock2

Geoff Cleary gcleary1 at sightlogix.com
Tue Dec 8 04:13:26 CET 2015

We have successfully built u-boot loader for rk3288 from the rock_bsp
repository here:
https://github.com/radxa/rock-bsp.git

We were able to create keys and sign the loader image using
the secureBootConsole tool we found here:
https://bitbucket.org/T-Firefly/firefly-rk3288/src/45fb49ab0f41/RKTools/linux/Linux_SecureBoot/?at=pad

After using the "upgrade_tool" to flash the loader image to the rk3288, the
new u-boot announces itself. It reports this rather than 0 and 0...

SecureBootEn = 1, SecureBootLock = 1
:
:
Secure Boot Mode: 0x0

QUESTION
========

What is the process necessary to set the Efuse to the appropriate hash
based on the public key, so that the loader will run in Secure Boot Mode?

We assume this is the necessary step to be able to read the larger Efuse
(available in Secure Mode only)?
--

* Geoff Cleary*

* Principal Software Engineer*