[U-Boot] is it worth contributing a SATA SIL3512 driver to u-boot?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Dec 11 13:16:45 CET 2015

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015, Fabio Estevam wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 6:19 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>
> >   well, the contract i'm working on will be using it for porting linux
> > to a *lot* of older platforms so, technically, i'm that user. :-)
>
> What I meant was: if you submit the SATA SIL3512 driver to U-boot,
> you should also add the U-boot support for at least one board that
> makes use of this driver.

  short and possibly stupid question -- the fact that there is no
support for this SATA device in u-boot suggests it's not terribly
popular. i know little about it, can anyone comment on whether it's
just obsolete or deprecated or superseded by a newer driver or
something? i'm just starting to dig through the code now.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca