[U-Boot] who is official MAINTAINER for MPC83xx?

Sinan Akman sinan at writeme.com
Fri Dec 18 07:46:01 CET 2015

   Hi Stefan

Stefan Roese wrote:
> On 17.12.2015 19:07, Sinan Akman wrote:
>>
>>    Hi Robert
>>
>> On 17/12/15 03:21 AM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>>>
>>>    i CCed alleged MPC83xx maintainer kim.phillips at freescale.com
>>> yesterday on my patch, but that CC bounced with "unknown user" error,
>>> is there a newer maintainer for that platform?
>>
>>    There is no maintainer for MPC83xx AFAIK at this time (Kim is no
>> longer with FSL). I have a set of mpc83xx boards that I could test
>> out new patches for. I am cc'ing to Stefan as we discussed something
>> similar briefly sometimes ago.
>
> Yes. And I think we can now safely assume, that Kim will not
> continue to maintain the MPC83xx boards. As we've not heard
> from him for quite a while and he's not working for FSL
> any more.
>
> IIRC, then you Sinan volunteered to take over this custodianship?
> Is this still the case? I'm adding Tom to Cc, so that we can
> discuss and perhaps decide this custodianship takeover on the
> list.

   I actually rather volunteered to help out with testing as I seemed
to have access to a good collection of mpx83xxx based reference boards.
I only took maintainership of mpc837xerdb recently after we moved with
generic board support.

   I feel there might be some others with higher level of contributions
and related experience and might be interested in the custodianship.
I am cc'ing to Dirk as well as I know he had worked on mpc83xx code
quite a bit. Let's see if there is any other volunteers first.

   Regards
   Sinan Akman