[U-Boot] ATAGS for Tegra, Sunxi, etc.

Marcel Ziswiler marcel at ziswiler.com
Sat Dec 19 21:31:08 CET 2015

On Thu, 2015-12-17 at 09:44 -0700, Stephen Warren wrote:

> IIRC, Tegra support in U-Boot was added in the days before DT was a
> thing, or a widespread thing at least. (Oh, happy days!) I imagine
> that
> the config option was simply never removed since there was no
> specific
> need to do so.

Please remember that at least for T20 and T30 NVIDIA's officially
supported Linux for Tegra (L4T) is still based on the ancient Linux
kernel 3.1.10 relying on ATAGs. While Colibri T20 and Apalis/Colibri
T30 are mainline since a while there is still no solution for hardware
accelerated graphics/multimedia compatible with mainline as far as I
know. So for hardware accelerated graphics/multimedia one is pretty
much stuck with L4T requiring ATAGs!