[U-Boot] what are flash settings for Spansion 4M S29AL032D flash?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Dec 23 17:07:48 CET 2015

  a couple of us have been fighting with this for a couple hours ...
we have an old powerpc board on which we've hacked u-boot to get to
the prompt, now we're trying to get u-boot to recognize that flash
chip.

  at u-boot time, u-boot prints both the manufacturer ID and device as
"0x0" so, clearly, it's not picking that up properly. can anyone
suggest what the proper u-boot configuration selections should be for
that particular flash?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca