[U-Boot] [linux-sunxi] Mainline U-Boot, EHCI, usbkbd not working (workaround)

B.R. Oake broake at openmailbox.org
Sun Jan 4 22:51:49 CET 2015

On 04/01/15 19:05, Hans de Goede wrote:
> The problem is that u-boot does not allow building both ohci and
> ehci drivers into the same u-boot binary, so we cannot enable both
> usb-1 and usb-2 support at the same time.
>
> So we're stuck with having only usb-2 support until someone reworks
> u-boot's usb code, and keyboards and mice are typically usb-1 devices,
> the workaround for this is to plug in a usb-2 hub so that the board
> sees a usb-2 device, and then plug the mouse / keyboard into that
> hub.

Thanks for the explanation Hans.

At U-Boot time, the only USB device I would need is the keyboard, and
I would rather avoid adding a hub if I don't otherwise need one, so
perhaps I can build U-Boot with the OHCI driver enabled instead of EHCI?
I tried removing CONFIG_USB_EHCI and adding:

CONFIG_USB_OHCI_NEW
CONFIG_SYS_USB_OHCI_BOARD_INIT
CONFIG_SYS_USB_OHCI_CPU_INIT
CONFIG_SYS_USB_OHCI_REGS_BASE=0x01c14400
CONFIG_SYS_USB_OHCI_SLOT_NAME="sunxi_slot_0"
CONFIG_SYS_USB_OHCI_MAX_ROOT_PORTS=1

which built and ran, but gave the error "unknown command usb".  Can
this approach be made to work?

Cheers,
B.R.