[U-Boot] Nokia RX-51 (N900) board broken

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 23:14:26 CET 2015

Hello,

here are commands how to compile u-boot for nokia n900, convert
uboot image into n900 nand MTD file and run it under linaro arm
version of qemu (upstream version of qemu have not merged n900
support yet):

$ export ARCH=arm
$ export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi-
$ make nokia_rx51_config
$ make
$ qflasher -x xloader-qemu.bin -s secondary-qemu.bin \
  -k u-boot.bin -m rx51 -o u-boot.mtd
$ qemu-system-arm -M n900 -mtdblock u-boot.mtd -serial /dev/tty

You need:
* qflasher - Nokia generator of nand MTD image with CAL data
* xloader-qemu.bin - Nokia first stage bootloader (X-Loader)
* secondary-qemu.bin - Nokia second stage bootloader (NOLO)
* qemu-system-arm - Linaro arm version of qemu

Linaro arm version of qemu can be downloaded e.g. from ubuntu:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/precise/qemu-linaro
(I'm using this version)

Nokia qflasher and bootloaders are proprietary and closed source
but could be found on internet. License allows to redistribute
binaries for non commercial purposes. If you are unable to find
it on internet anymore (originally they were hosted on website
repo.meego.com before intel turned it off) and you are OK with
that license, I can send you needed files.

====
Copyright (c) Nokia Corporation 2010
All Rights Reserved.

This material, including documentation and any related computer
programs, is protected by copyright controlled by Nokia
Corporation. All rights are reserved. Modifying, adapting and/or
translating, any or all of this material requires the prior
written consent of Nokia. Distribution for commercial purposes
not allowed without prior written approval from Nokia.
====

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com