[U-Boot] [linux-sunxi] Mainline U-Boot, EHCI, usbkbd not working (workaround)

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Mon Jan 5 17:34:08 CET 2015

Hi Hans,

On 5 January 2015 at 00:10, Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On 05-01-15 03:49, Simon Glass wrote:
>>
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> On 4 January 2015 at 12:05, Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> The problem is that u-boot does not allow building both ohci and
>>> ehci drivers into the same u-boot binary, so we cannot enable both
>>> usb-1 and usb-2 support at the same time.
>>>
>>> So we're stuck with having only usb-2 support until someone reworks
>>> u-boot's usb code, and keyboards and mice are typically usb-1 devices,
>>> the workaround for this is to plug in a usb-2 hub so that the board
>>> sees a usb-2 device, and then plug the mouse / keyboard into that
>>> hub.
>>

>> This could be solved by moving USB to driver model.
>

> Yes, that is what I was thinking too.
>
>> Marek do you know if anyone is looking at this?
>

> Actually I was about to ask you (Simon) if you are looking into converting
> the usb stuff to dm, AFAIK no one else is working on this.

I think Marek is busy for a while.

I'd like to get PCI over the line first, and I have a few other things
on my plate.

But I think it would not be too difficult to move the
usb_lowlevel_init() stuff into driver model. That would solve the
primary problem I think. I'll see how things look later in the month.

Regards,
Simon