[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2015.01 released

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Mon Jan 12 21:11:43 CET 2015

Hey all,

I've pushed v2015.01 out to the repository and tarballs should exist
soon.

As v2014.10 was our first release with Kconfig, v2015.01 is when we've
started migrating things from include/configs/* and into Kconfig files
for real.  We've got a way to go but I want to thank people for pushing
this along.

Second, as much as I don't like to single out a single SoC here, I do
want to thank the folks doing Allwinner work as with this release
the community has switched to mainline for the linux-sunxi project[1].

In device model work, we now have support for SPI and I2C upstream (and
other stuff will be going in with the merge window opening).   In not
entirely unrelated news, our x86 support now has bare ROM functionality
for ivybridge and one Atom platform.

Two last things, in addition to the general part about improved platform
/ feature support all over the place, likely including your favorite
board.  First, as I said last release, we're strongly considering
deprecating "MAKEALL" in favor of the buildman tool we've also had for
the last almost two years.  So please, try it out and report back
problems you see that would prevent you from switching over or a use
case you have that can't seem to be found there.  Second, as per some
discussions on the mailing list for a while (And build warnings), boards
that don't support CONFIG_SYS_GENERIC_BOARD are to be removed.  This
release is that last one that those boards will be in, and anything
still not converted by v2015.04-rc1 will be dropped.

And I would encourage custodians to follow-up with anything big I've
overlooked.

Thanks for the hard work everyone!  The merge window is now open and
will close on Saturday January 31st.

[1]: http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2014-December/199351.html

--
Tom