[U-Boot] Question about compile warnings of exynos clock

Jaehoon Chung jh80.chung at samsung.com
Tue Jan 13 06:58:49 CET 2015

Hi.

On 01/13/2015 02:40 PM, Akshay Saraswat wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> On 01/13/2015 11:56 AM, Simon Glass wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Oh dear, does it not work for anything?
>>
>> I have posted the patch relevant to this. I removed the generic peripheral clock API.
>> It's not used anywhere. Just get clock for pwm0.
>>
>> how about?
>>
>> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/426535/
>>

> I dont think it's a good idea to remove this function and expect to put in same
> effort again in future. Instead, fixing this warning should be easier.
>
> By the way, I don't see the mentioned warning when I compile ToT u-boot-samsung
> for smdk5250 and smdk5420 with arm-2011.09 compiler. Do we need any other patch
> or config to encounter this?

It is critical problem. I don't understand how it's working fine.
PERIPH_ID_PWM0 is 132, that's out of boundary for clk_bit_info. isn't?
Then what's clk_bit_info[132]'s value and how access it?
If you fix this problem, we need not to remove clock_get_periph_rate()..
But if we need to wait for long time, i want to remove this api.

Best Regards,
Jaehoon Chung

>> Best Regards,
>> Jaehoon Chung