[U-Boot] u-boot.img size limit for spl fat load ?

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Mon Jan 19 08:08:58 CET 2015

Hello Ayoub,

On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 15:42:37 +0100, Ayoub Zaki
<ayoub.zaki at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I'm using u-boot-2014.10 and trying to build it with LCD support for the
> Beaglebone black to include a Boot logo image.
> It seems that spl hangs while fat loading  a 2.8MB sized u-boot.img  !
> I reduced the the logo header file and rebuild u-boot, that worked for a
> 1.6MB sized u-boot.img.
> Is there any size limit for u-boot ? how to increase the memory allocated
> by spl ?

There should not be a size limit for SPL fat load.

What may happen is that SPL code is overwritten before it exits, or
U-Boot itself is corrupted after being loaded.

I assume you've seen the SPL banner and not the U-Boot one; that alone
does not tell us whether SPL or U-Boot did hang. Can you build U-boot
with debug enabled? If this results in too big an SPL image, then try
and at least enable debug for the image chainloading parts, so that you
can see how far SPL code gets run.

> Thanks you.

No problem.

Amicalement,