[U-Boot] Unreadable UBIFS partition after power cuts

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Tue Jan 20 08:26:47 CET 2015

Hello Anton,

Am 19.01.2015 12:29, schrieb Anton Habegger:
> Hello Heiko
>
> I was able to enable the uibfs_replay_journal, and so far this solved my issue.

Great to hear!

> Below the patch. I'm not sure about the U-Boot replacement for
> atomic_long_read? I assume U-Boot has no concurrency, then maybe it is
> safe, just to assign the  long direct.

Yes and no ... We have no processes or threads in U-Boot, so we should
have no concurrency here, but you should introduce atomic_long_read()
instead, so we have no difference to linux code. There is already in
U-Boot code atomic.h ... but atomic_long_read() is missing ... so, it
should not so difficult to intriduce this missing function, thanks!

> Is this correct?
> Furthermore I wasn't able to enable the error case,
> ubifs_destroy_journal, because there
> is a dependency to the garbage collector gc.c. So far I didn't found
> time to integrate this stuff.
> What do you think, Is this the right way to fix this issue?

Yes, you are on the right way ... thanks for your work!

bye,
Heiko