[U-Boot] Standalone API examples on the P4080DS

David George dgeorge at rapitasystems.com
Tue Jan 20 15:54:10 CET 2015

Thank you very much for this Peter, it's much appreciated, and should
hopefully stop anyone else falling into the same trap!

Thanks!

Dave George

On 16/01/2015 17:08, Peter Tyser wrote:
> Hi David,
>

>> It looks like the entry point is 0x40000. Why does the tutorial state
>> that the example needs to be run from a 4 byte offset? In this case
>> this
>> will result in a failure to create a stack frame for hello_world.
>
> For PowerPC the entry point used to be non-deterministic, but was
> generally 0x40004 which is where the wiki value came from.  The
> following 2 patches made the entry point consistently 0x40000:
>
> http://git.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot.git;a=commit;h=620bbba524fbaa26971a5004793010b169824f1b
>
> http://git.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot.git;a=commit;h=c91d456c055237bdadb99a80e198748b8cf32595
>
> I updated the wiki to match the newer 0x40000 address, which is valid
> for PowerPC boards with a comment to check out
> CONFIG_STANDALONE_LOAD_ADDR for other architectures.
>
> Peter

Stay informed by joining the Rapita Systems mailing list
http://www.rapitasystems.com/contact/mailing_list

For real-time verifications issues and discussion, follow the Rapita Systems blog
http://www.rapitasystems.com/blog