[U-Boot] how to (fat)load from emmc boot partition?

Schorer Markus (LEG) Markus.Schorer at liebherr.com
Wed Jan 21 16:44:14 CET 2015

I'm trying to load a linux kernel + dtb from the hardware partition boot0 off an emmc memory.

With the "mmc part" and "mmc dev 1 1" commands i can access the boot0/boot1/rpmg partitions.
The partitions have been software-partitioned and formatted with fat16 filesystem under linux , kernel and dtb files have been copied to it.

Now I'm trying to "fatload mmc <dev>:<part> ..." kernel and dtb and boot them afterwards.

Fatload always switches the emmc device back to hardware partition 0 (which is the large "user" partition), AND THEN loads from software partition <part>.

Is there a way to fatload from another hardware partition but "user"/"0"?

I could switch to "mmc read 0 1 ..." commands, but would have to manage the sizes/addresses of the kernel and a couple of dtb's manually - which I'm trying to avoid ...

Thx,
markus