[U-Boot] [RFC] m68k: generic board

Huan Wang alison.wang at freescale.com
Mon Jan 26 10:39:13 CET 2015

Hi, Tom,

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 04:08:40PM +0100, Angelo Dureghello wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > i would like to post a patch with the m68k generic board support,
> > tested and working here, but of course not tested for all the other
> > m68k boards except mine.
> >
> > My coldfire board is the "amcore" board not yet accepted.
> >
> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/193661
> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/193660
> >
> > I need some suggestions on how to proceed now.
> >
> > I already modified my board config to work with generic board support.
> >
> > So my thought is to post 2 separate patches:
> > 1
> > - add generic board (1/1). Each board maintainer should then test it
> > and report for feedbacks.
> > 2
> > Re-post a 2/2 patch (v8) of amcore using generic board:
> > - amcore board (1),
> > - mcf5307 support (2),
> >
> > This amcore board is the coldfire base i use here for all the general
> > m68k tests.
> >
> > With your help commenting on this patch until it is conformant to the
> > last recent coding guidelines could help me and Alison to know what
> > has to be purged / changed, (eventually, if needed) in all other m68k
> > boards code.
> >
> > What do you think ?
>
> Lets go with #2 and we'll purge the rest of the boards that you don't
> want to convert and compile test after -rc1.  Thanks!

[Alison Wang] Do you mean you will purge the rest of the boards if they are not converted and tested?

I have these boards, such as m52277evb, m5253demo, m53017evb, m5329evb, m5373evb, m54418twr, m54451evb, m54455evb, m547xevb and m548xevb. I think I really need some time to convert and test them.

Best Regards,
Alison Wang