[U-Boot] usb flash boot on am335x machines

matti kaasinen matti.kaasinen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 08:32:58 CET 2015

> 26.1.8.6

Thanks Jon!

My interpretation from codes was pretty much what you described that USB
boot really was "modified network boot". I'm not too sure that this was HW
restriction (=CPU) but merely u-boot boot strategy decision as am335x does
have boot order strapping also for USB boot. It would be nice if I could
find clear reason why USB flash boot won't work apart from the fact that
u-boot code for am335x is not currently written in that way.

If it turns out that usb flash boot could be made possible by u-boot
patching, it would be also nice if anyone knew if this
https://gitorious.org/rowboat/u-boot/commit/aaa9d5c083252218fd89afa68161f96bb7daa04c
worked, so that I would not waste my time trying to modify them for u-boot
2013.10 if they did not work.

Thanks,
Matti