[U-Boot] FEL mode broken since

Bernhard Nortmann bernhard.nortmann at web.de
Wed Jul 1 09:52:35 CEST 2015

Ian Campbell <ijc+uboot <at> hellion.org.uk> writes:

> I would have expected this to become necessary at with "sunxi: Support
> the FEL boot mode in the regular u-boot build" rather than at "sunxi:
> Move all boards to the driver-model".
>
> Anyway, I'll try your suggested path tonight. I'm pretty certain that'll
> end up being it.
>
> > Also note that you now need to use
> > u-boot-dtb.bin not u-boot.bin .
>
> Noted, I probably would have got that wrong too, so thanks.
>
> Ian.

I've fooled myself on this too - and thought it to be a problem in the SPL
-> main U-Boot transition. Of course I had not adapted my FEL script, and
missed the u-boot-dtb.bin requirement.

After the necessary adjustments U-Boot (v2015.07-rc2) starts just fine via
FEL. This should probably be improved in sunxi-tools, so the 'fel' utility
gracefully handles both parts of the u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin.

Regards, B. Nortmann