[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2015.07 released

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Tue Jul 14 22:11:25 CEST 2015

On 07/14/2015 11:56 AM, Tom Rini wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've pushed v2015.07 out to the repository and tarballs should exist
> soon.
>
> This sounds a bit like a broken record, but it's true.  The Kconfig
> migration and DM work continue moving along.
>
> Looking over the announcement for v2015.04, I see I said we'd deprecate
> MAKEALL.  So I've applied http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/383960/
> right after the tag.  If buildman isn't working for you and your use
> case, we really need to talk.

The nice thing about MAKEALL was that I could simply grab a source tree,
and run the following to build in-tree:

CROSS_COMPILE=something ./MAKEALL foo

However, with buildman, some complex config file needed to be set up to
configure the toolchain (and I could never parse the docs to work out
how to create it in a new checkout), plus it made copies of the source
tree which takes ages for me.

Is there an equivalently simple way to invoke buildman that doesn't
require configuration and copying?