[U-Boot] [ANN] git server, FTP server

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 15 09:24:12 CEST 2015

Hello all,

we're planning some reorganization / updates for our servers:

1. We will move all git repositories to a new, faster machine.
   In this process, the web interface will change (moving from
   gitweb to cgit).  In this process, for a (hopefully) short time,
   access to the git repositories will be impossible.  I will send
   more details when we have decided about the schedule.

2. For some time now, we provide not only the classic FTP server for
   download of the U-Boot release tarballs, but also a public
   directory in the Amazon Cloud Drive [1].  The ACD is supposed to
   provide much better connectivity (especially for non-european
   users) and much higher download rates.

   So far, I have received zero feedback about this.  I would like to
   hear about your experiences (good and bad), and what you think
   about dropping the FTP server completely.

Thanks in advance.

[1] https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/IvfObauv9EsZau4GLr7i6BsLX5Zh8THmHXDiOGSLLkh?ref_=cd_share_link_copy

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits
of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does
at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower.
            - R.  Pirsig, "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"