[U-Boot] PCIe driver for a new Freescale ARM64 SOC

Aurelian Floricica Voicu aurelian.floricica at freescale.com
Wed Jul 15 14:33:04 CEST 2015

Hi!

I'm with Freescale and we are currently working on bringing up a ARM64
SOC platform.
The PCIe module is similar with the one used by the iMX family, being
a Synopsys IP.
However there are many differences in terms of the SOC integration
(clocking, pin muxing, control registers) plus an additional internal
DMA engine.
I would like to address a question about the U-Boot driver approach.
What would be an acceptable solution if we plan to make this driver
upstreamable :
1. Use existing pcie-imx.c driver and parameterize according to the
SOC platform
2. Create another driver file specific for the new family of SOCs
Thank you!

Aurelian Floricica