[U-Boot] BayTrail FSP release v4

Andrew Bradford andrew at bradfordembedded.com
Mon Jul 20 19:10:33 CEST 2015

Hi Bin,

On 07/16 18:47, Bin Meng wrote:
> Hi Simon, Andrew,
>
> Just noticed that Intel has released the FSP for BayTrail version 4.
>
> The release notes is at here:
> http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/software/fsp/atom-e3800-fsp-g4-release-notes.html
>
> Like Andrew contacted Intel and got the message, that Intel does not
> plan to release an FSP spec v2 complaint FSP for BayTrail, which looks
> like so. The v4 version is still FSP spec v1 :(
>
> But we should consider update MinnowMax instructions to use v4?

I think we should, especially as from the release notes it sounds like
disabling graphics is now an option which may make supporting E3805
targets more possible (hopefully?).  Maybe it boots faster now, too?

I've been on vacation and now I'm backlogged with other tasks, so my FSP
configuration patch v3 will be delayed somewhat, but if we are planning
on moving to this v4 FSP release, I will take a look at if anything has
changed which would impact my FSP configuration patch and adjust as
needed before sending.

Thanks!
-Andrew